Wednesday 4 July 2007

Finally managed to join - hooray!!!!!

Hi, I just wanted to say hello as I have finally managed to join – my email has been beset with gremlins so my invite went astray - it’s lovely to be back in the ‘race’. I’ll follow suit and do a quick rundown on who I am as a writer.

I have had a sporadic relationship with writing for most of my life. I was a playwright for about 7 years and wrote some short stories. I stopped writing for a while and then came back to it via journalism.

It has only been in the past few years that I have returned to fiction. I got an idea that I realised wanted to be a novel and finished my first draft last week which is the most amazing feeling EVER!!!! I went to the Winchester Writer’s Conference last weekend – had a fantastic time and am going to spend the next couple of months rewriting. I dream of having the ideal life balance where work/personal/writing all have their own happy niche.
Novice Novelist

7 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Welcome to the new home. Would you like tea?

B.E. Sanderson said...

Pull up a chair and rest a while.

Congratulations on finishing the first draft! =o)

NoviceNovelist said...

A strong coffee would be good thanks and a rest sounds fabulous!!!! Thank you both for your hospitality!

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Having climbed up the hill, so very slowly, to 50K, I can really appreciate the what you have achieved to complete a book. The editing will be so much easier now you have the 'whole picture' in front of you.
Sky's the limit now isn't it?

Fiona

Unknown said...

Well done!! Now enjoy the rewrite :-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Hello,

I went to Winchester last year, it's good, isn't it? Glad you had such an inspiring time. Good luck with the rewrite!

NoviceNovelist said...

Keep going Fiona - it's a great feeling to reach THE END - even if it is only the first draft!

Thanks Liz - it's bubbling in my head for now with the manuscript out of sight - itching to get to it but want a bit of seperation!

It was brill Lucy - thanks - I shall need luck, alcohol and nerves of steel I think!!!