This page is for feedback and ideas about the group and the blog. Please use the comments below to provide feedback.
I (Captain Black) posted an article suggesting that the group and the blog undergo a revamping exercise. Here are the ideas that have been collected so far. They have come from many members, only a few of them are my own.
- I believe that we should all have a say in how the group is run. I prefer a collaboration by the whole membership to a "central government". Where there are differences of opinion, we can vote if necessary.
- We should have another meeting. Time and place to be arranged.
- We can give the blog a facelift. There are lots of new templates available. Does anyone have any particular preferences about this? Personally I prefer readability and usability over flashy styling, but that's just me.
Clarification of membership.
There have been some departures and some new joiners recently.
It's probably worth asking everyone about their levels of participation. For example:
- Who is willing/wants to be a coordinator? I don't just mean having admin access rights to the blog, I mean willing to help out with the organisation of the group and its activities.
- Who is going to be active versus passive? No stigma attached to either but it might be useful to know for the purposes of coordination.
- The accomplishments page needs to be updated.
- Our published books should be listed somewhere. Probably with cover pictures.
- Are we still "racing"? The details are probably out of date. If not, shall we change the name of the group?
- How a regular public face writing exercise here, say once every other week. A micro short story, five hundred words, theme set and hosted by a different racer each time?