Monday 3 September 2007

Free Resources

This might be old news, but I've recently discovered the Open Learning site on the Open University website. It contains a number of free courses on a variety of topics, including 'Start writing fiction' (in the Arts and History folder), and lots of things that could be handy for research ('Babylonian mathematics', anyone?!). It also offers a free mind mapping download called Compendium. I've just been playing with it, and it seems pretty useful and quite flexible. It's suitable for PCs and Macs, and comes with a very friendly little video explaining how to use it in case you're a duffer like me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link :-)

CL Taylor said...

Thanks Lazy - will check that out. I have been trying to find out about mind mapping and how you can use it to generate short stories or novels for ages. No luck so far so. Anyone know?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link. I will definitely check it out.

KeVin K. said...

Safety tip:
Playing with this site is a major time sink. Fun to play with, but ....
Unless you got nothing to do and/or really need to know about practically anything and/or need to map a concept, smile, avoid eye contact, and keep moving.

Thanks for the link. I know where a lot of my online time is going to be spent.