Monday 17 March 2008

Match it for Pratchett

Just to let people know I am trying to drum up some idea of interest in helping Terry Pratchett out with his donation to Alzheimers Research ( www.matchitforpratchett.com - his fans are trying to match his £500,000 donation). I intend to join in by doing a sponsored slim.

I have 97 lb to lose and I'd like to try and help someone else out while I try to make myself both smaller and healthier.

Details and links on my blog, thanks to anyone who can take part, leave a comment or help out in any way.

Juliette

2 comments:

Helen said...

Juliette, thanks for letting us know about this worthwhile cause. (I tried the link but it is actually .org not .com http://www.matchitforpratchett.org/) It is something that affects so many people but not a disease that actually gets much publcity or support.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I know it's always sad when anyone gets Alzheimers, bbut tthe thought of Mr Pratchett having it seems particularly poignant. And makes me wonder, what is it like when writers get it? Do they carry on trying to write, even when they become incapable? Do they eventually tap meaninglessly at keyboards, making no sense at all? Must be most disconcerting, to say the least.