Wednesday 11 June 2008

Finished!

It's been a background hobby for the last few weeks, done in snatched moments of spare time. I did in fact finish it last week, but I didn't announce it cos I wanted to faff about some more.

But sod that, I have baby clothes to sort. So, I hereby declare the first draft of my third novel to be Officially Completed, at a grand total of 68,760 words. It'll probably get longer at second draft stage, but never mind that: I wrote another book! Woohoo!

I might go back and tinker in spare moments over the next few weeks, but I might not. Either way, I won't do a full read-through for another 6-8 weeks; give it time to percolate. And I won't do a second draft until Baby is 6 months old and I return to work. I had a quick look at Chapter One though, and I'm officially pleased. It's an entertaining bit of fluff. And who knows, when it's finished someone may even buy it off me.

22 comments:

Flowerpot said...

WELL DONE CLARE!!! Taht's terrific and yes do have time to let it settle! Have a drink - or something - and be very very proud of yourself.

NoviceNovelist said...

That's brillant Clare - well done!!!! You're an inspiration to us lagging behind a bit!!!!

Jenny Beattie said...

Fantastic Clare. Well done.

Rachel Green said...

Super news, Clare! Great going.

Rowan Coleman said...

Congratulations Clare! There is nothing like a baby on the way to give you focus. Fantastic. Now put your feet up and eat a party pack of maltesers. (OR was that just me?)

B.E. Sanderson said...

Good job, Clare! Congratulations!

Helen said...

Well done Clare. Crack out the toblerone!

Lucy Diamond said...

Brilliant, Clare! Enjoy basking in the triumph!

Anonymous said...

Well done Clare.

Marcie Steele said...

Congrats Clare, well done you xx

Beth said...

Yay :) well done!

Lane Mathias said...

Well done Clare! Now get those baby clothes sorted:-)

Anonymous said...

That's really good news. Well done!

CJ xx

Chris Stovell said...

Hurray for you - well done, dear heart!

Helen Shearer said...

Yay, Clare! Now you can relax for a while, enjoy baby and gear up for the rewrite. I have always been partial to entertaining bits of fluff. Can't wait to read it.

Caroline said...

Well done me dear.
I am super impressed.
x

Liane Spicer said...

Well done, Clare!

Rose Red Art said...

Yay! Well done you! xx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Congratulations, Clare well done. X

Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks all. I'm actually itching to get back to it already, not to mention write all the other books that have fomented in the background as I was going along, but instead I have started to sort the baby's bedroom out... which luckily is also a satisfying task.

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Very late in congratulating you Claire. I do though, whole heartedly. Well done.
Now baby clothes. Oh, look how tiny they are? And I thought I'd gone past the broody stage

Anonymous said...

I've sorted them now, and they were indeed very cute!