Thursday 5 February 2009

Lisa - The Hesitant Scribe

I am not sure if I am doing the right thing in posting this notice but I have just found out, via Facebook, that Lisa sadly passed away at home this afternoon. I know that not all Racers use Facebook and I thought you might want to know. I had the pleasure of meeting her at the Novel Racers Meet in Manchester last year and had a lovely long chat with her. My thoughts go out to her family and friends. I will miss her and am sure you all will too.

3 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Thanks for the post, Sarah. It is indeed very sad news.

Liane Spicer said...

Thank you for letting us know, Sarah. It was your post title in my reader yesterday that sent me scuttling over here.

Anonymous said...

Lisa taught me in my first yesr at Edge Hill,twelve months later I bumped into her in the car park when going through a bad patch academically.She asked how it was going and after listening to my sob story, invited me to her office wanting to help. I was no longer one of her students but she had time for and respected mature students.Her funeral today was remarkable,her beautiful children and the volume of people in attendance were a testimony to a professional,creative and beautiful woman, also a poignant reminder to all that we must appreciate what we have today because tommorow is not yet ours.Bless you Lisa,
Jayne Wakefield