Sunday 28 September 2008

List of Previous Coffee Breaks

Hello Racers, I've put together a list of previous coffee break discussion subjects. This may help future coffee break hosts to avoid duplicating a topic that's already been covered. Having said that, I see no particular reason why we shouldn't revisit some subjects.

Anyway, for the time being, I've put the list on my web site. I could possibly put it on this blog, perhaps as a side-bar widget, but I'd need to be a blog administrator for this. Liz? Alternatively, I could talk an existing administrator through the procedure (involves some JavaScript).

7 comments:

KayJay said...

Wow! I think that's incredibly useful as a referencing tool - thanks for taking the time to do it. It would be great if we could have it as a sidebar thingy.

I don't think we should get too hung up on repetition, but it's great to have this in order to be able to easily revisit old conversations. Cheers!

Rose Red Art said...

Yay! Great idea Captain B! Thanks for doing this!

Unknown said...

Will go make you an admin asap. Thanks for doing this CB!!!

Karen said...

This is a really good idea. As a relative 'newbie' I've got some catching up to do :o)

Anonymous said...

I've implemented the side-bar gadget now, but there are a couple of known issues:

1. It's a bit too wide for the side bar, and gets truncated.
2. The table cells need to be top-aligned for text, not vertically centred.
3. The grey colours are not very suitable, given the blog's hyperlink/visited colours.

I'll have a look at these when I get a bit more time. Meanwhile, please let me know if any other issues arise, otherwise enjoy.

Chris Stovell said...

Oh HURRAY! You are a star! Bearing in mind I am hosting the next couple of weeks I was about to trawl through the list and you have done it- you hero! Thanks

Liane Spicer said...

Very useful! Thank you!